Tuesday

Martha Stewart Gets Served

Martha, are you out of your cotton-pickin' mind? As much as I love Martha Stewart, I've found myself yelling that at the screen on more than one occasion. I mean it's one thing to show me the best way to make coq au vin or arrange a vase of flowers, but her 32-step method for folding a sheet was more than I could bear. And now I know I'm not alone. 

Martha's daughter Alexis and her friend Jennifer Koppelman Hutt have been given the keys to Martha's episode vault and license to mercilessly rip into old segments of Martha Stewart Living. Their show, Whatever Martha (on FLN), pokes fun at Martha's choice of wardrobe, obsessive housekeeping habits and (unfairly) her guest stars. It's fun to see these old Martha segments (was 1993 really that long ago?) but a big part of the fun is watching Alexis vent her frustration at being raised by America's most famous fussbudget. It's not only entertaining, it serves a reminder not to give my kids copies of the home movies and their own show.

Whatever Martha, Fine Living Network, Wednesdays 9PM e/p

3 comments:

  1. What every mother wants, her kids publicly and methodically ridiculing her. Like a roast-a-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I hope my kid never gets his own show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Martha. I think she is the Anti-Christ. Would that make Alexis the spawn of de debil?

    ReplyDelete